Newbury Elementary School PTA (NES PTA), Pine Grove School PTA (PGS PTA), and Salisbury PTA (SES PTA) AKA Triton PTAs have been collaborating to help spread Random Acts of Kindness. This project has encouraged youth to think about how they can make a positive impact in their community, shows youth that adults care about them, and helps bring the community together.
Salisbury Elementary PTA president, Jen Roketenetz, said this activity is bringing out the best in her community. “We have been having so much fun collaborating on this project each week. Peeps that live in our community are just inherently kind, we are simply giving them an opportunity to shine!This project is intended not just for kids, not just for grown ups, not just for Triton- it’s for all of us to enjoy a kind act bestowed and to bestow. Each week’s initiative is intended to be simple and achievable for all – try it on, we know kind looks good on everyone!”
You can support this initiative by liking one or all of our PTAs on Facebook or follow all the Triton Random Acts of Kindness on Facebook!
You can participate too! Show someone you care by helping them out, or simply saying thank you. Small gestures go a long way. Take a picture and share with the group. Help spread the word that kindness works! You can reach out to any of the PTA’s if you have an idea or want to be connected to this great initiative.
Some examples of these projects can be found below.
- I printed and shared the RAK Cards with my 2nd grade Brownie Troop, just one day later they are asking for more 🙂 My daughter, Lucy, shared hers in her classroom and by the end of the day it made thru the hands of each student! Awesomeness!
- One “Mimi” decided to treat ALL the nail technicians in the salon to a $20 tip!
- Michael C stopped by the book fair to thank Mrs. Chalifour for all her hard work.
- In honor of yesterday’s act of kindness suggestion Mrs. Pacenka’s 5th grade generated a list of ways to be kind to their neighbors. I know many of them have big helpful plans for the future.
- I was just talking to a PGS parent who mentioned that Mrs. Coppola sent this home with all her students as a way to spread RAKs…it really is contagious!
- SES PTA did a little sprucing up in the restrooms – hope your kiddos love them!